In this number of the Women in tech series, we discover the experience of Safae ABOU EL QASSIME. Safae is a 30 years old Product Manager originally from Morocco, living and working in France. We studied in the same engineering school from 2013 to 2017, but not in the same measure. I don’t think we connected at that time, but I’ll be happy to now. I’m very proud to see my fellow Polytech colleagues succeed. Wishing you the best.
Could you start with a small presentation, so we can get to know you better?
My name is Safae, I am 30 years old. I’m from France, originally from Morocco.
Today I work as a Product Manager in the In Vitro Diagnostics.
I love fashion, mixing, matching.. It’s a way to express myself !
What motivated you to work in a tech field?
Solving problems was my main motivation. To take risks, and challenge myself to solve problems.
How did you learn your technical skills? (self-taught, college, bootcamp...)
Colleagues, school, Self training.
How is it to find a job in tech?
It was not easy at the beginning.
Have you experienced imposter syndrome? If yes, could you tell us a little about it?
No, I didn’t.
How do you feel about being a minority in tech as a female? Have you had any uncomfortable situations to share? Or a funny situation?
As a funny situation, Two years ago I was in a company where the head of product managers and the director of dev are women. So we (as women) started to impose on ourselves.
What do you like about your job?
I want to make a difference, to create, innovate and improve the daily life of my clients.
Are you happy with your career choice?
How do you expect to grow in the future?
Head of product management in short-term.
What would you say to a girl/woman who wants to start a career in tech?
Go ahead, trust yourself.
If you want to follow Safae here is her LinkedIn:
Tools I use for this site
- I buy all my domain names on Namecheap, as thetrendycoder.com
- The hosting of this website is made on Bluehost.
- The website is created with WordPress.org (and not WordPress.com).
- I use the page builder Elementor because it makes it easy to create modern pages with drag and drop.
- I have multiple websites, and on most of them, I use themes from wpKoi. I love their design, they are very original and work well with Elementor.
- All the designs and images are created using canvas.
- I use Grammarly and languagetool to correct all my spelling and grammar mistakes.
- SEO is a big thing on a website, I use a WordPress plugin called YoastSEO to help me with the basic analysis. I also use a tool called Keysearch for choosing the right keywords.
- To handle affiliate links, I use two platforms: impact and ShareASale.
You want to write on TheTrendyCoder ?
If you are interested in publishing guest articles on this website, sharing your experience or coding tutorials, apply through this form.
NO EXPERIENCE needed!
NO PERFECT English needed!
NO DEGREE needed!
NO AGE limits!
No matter at what stage we are in our tech journey, we all have learned things and experienced things. Sharing them can help others and even help us. So, if you are a student, a professional, or a self-taught coder, feel at home and share some of your knowledge with the community.